Monday, December 8, 2008

2nd Week of December


Well its already the second week of December, and believe or not i am starting to get scared. Towards the end of the week, i was not feeling to well. I had a sort of fever and a massive headache. Surprisingly enough after resting for about 2 full days and taking painkillers i was fine on Thursday. Thursday was also the day for our office Christmas Party and the day i was leaving for my weekend to Bergen. I got really emotional when i received a gift from everyone in the office. What made it so emotional for me first of all, is that they brought me the perfect gift. The kind of gift that is so perfect that it would have to come from people that listen to you when you talk, and who want nothing more then your wellbeing at heart. It was also emotional because for the first time, i was actually hit with the realization that everyone in the scout office has become a part of my family.

They are the people that i spend more time with than anyone, and they are the people i am going to miss most when i go back home. The realization of the fact that i am going to leave them in may was really overwhelming for me, i care so much about each and everyone of them. I also believe that when they call themselves a youth organization, they really do stick to their word. I really would have never dreamed of being in another organization then the YWCA-YMCA Scouts and Guides of Norway. So since i was so emotional at the dinner, i think this is the opportunity for me to say Thank you to all my colleagues and that they all Rock!!!

On Thursday i also left for Bergen, where i we were hosted by Birgitte. She is one of the GoCy's and also a good friend of mine. I must say this before i carry on, i am in love with Bergen. The moment i got out of the train and just looked around i thought to myself this is definetly a homely city. Oslo however is still very close to my heart but Bergen is just out of this world. Its a city that is still very much in touch with its history monuments, and its evident in their achirtecherer that the influence from the medieval times is still very much alive. I love the fact that you can walk around the whole city in a few hours and everywhere you turn you are just drawn by the essence of the city. I find this city even more breathtaking because of the fact that the city is surrounded by houses on its mountains.


I can still remember two houses at the top of its mountain that were identical, and Birgitte told me they was a TV show about the two families in the two twin houses. From the top of these mountains, one can see a stunning breathtaking views of the overall city. We went past a wish well, where you can throw money in and make a wish. The whole atmosphere around the city is very calm and tranquil.
Bergen is a city just like Oslo but for some reason its a city that you can feel more at home in. I have to remind everyone that i saw Bergen at a very cold time, and still thought it was stunning. I cant Imagen how gorgeous it looks during the summer. Bergen is definetly a city i would like to visits even when i have gone back to South Africa. I have decide that i am going to start writing down a list of all the places i get to visit around Norway, so i can make sure that when i go back home i see alot more of my country like i did Norway.

So i have definetly had a fantastic weekend, i am feeling very refreshed and looking forward to more traveling during December and seeing more of Norway.

No comments: