Monday, October 13, 2008

My week from 07/10 to 12/10

Well not much took place this weekend and i was so glad because i think i really need to take it slow and be able to relax during my weekends especially since we have just moved into our new place. I feel like i should spend alot of time in our new apartment so that it will feel like home even more, i want to be able to just sit there and watch TV without feeling like i need to get out of here. During the week i was working on numerous things but my main focus was on the presenation i had to present on Saturday about what the YMCA/YWCA Scouts and Guides of Norway and what they are doing to help the YWCA of South Sudan. I must say i feel very proud to be working and being part of an organization that does such exceptional work for disadvantaged people.

During the putting together of my presenation, i got more exposed to the realities of South Sudan and the situation in that country, i have always known that South Africa is not doing that great and that my country still has a long way to go but when i read about the situation in South Sudan i felt like what happens when there are areas in the world living in such conditions and the world just says and does nothing about it.


The presentation took place in the YMCA/YWCA school called Rønningen high school. The students there were a very good crowd and even though they were not very interactive after the presentation i have come to understand that Norwegians are generally just shy people and you cant measure if they were listening by asking them questions and expecting them to answer in front of everyone especially in English. So my sign for interest and interactiveness has become the 'head nods' i get from them while i am speaking in front of them.

Its my roommate Nune's birthday tomorrow and we have no idea what we are going to do for it but hopefully we can go out for dinner or something ' If we can afford it'. One of the GoCy's Ivee came on Friday because she also had something to do during the seminar at the school, i must say she seemed much more comfortable than she was when we were still staying in that tiny apartment and she had to sleep on the floor in a sleeping bag. We went a bit crazy with the camera later and started taking pictures of each other in our pajamas and made funny poses. Its amazing what girls get up too, when they are on their own and are very comfortable with each other.
I hope i can have more weekends like the one i just came from, it was really relaxing for me. I made an English breakfast in the morning and my roommate cooked a delicious Sunday dinner later, it was just a perfect weekend i really would have not changed anything and the weather was beautiful, me and my roommate got to see the sunset from out balcony. So seriously what more could a girl have asked for.

I am looking forward to this week as i will be working on the HIV/AIDS article that will go into the next edition of the scout magazine, and putting together a fun quiz that will help people learn about South Africa in a very fun way.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, I miss you girls.. But oh my god, I did not know about Nune's birthday! Tell her happy birthday from me.. I miss my old roomie.

Love <3

Birgitte said...

oh you finally moved in.yeah!You should show us some pictures from the place so we can see.
I hope you guys had fun on Nunes birthday, you both deserve it.
I miss you crazy girls.