Monday, November 3, 2008

November has started

I still cant believe i have already been in Norway for 3 months, time seems to be flying and i already know when i am taking my Christmas holidays and when we are having our office Christmas Party so that kind of shows me that time is moving . I have kind of adopted a new feeling towards this whole experience and sometimes speaking to older and wiser people shows you that somethings in life are not measurable. I know for a fact that when it comes to personal growth and learning more about yourself these past few months have been an extreme eye opener. I feel like for the first time in my life i know what is going on with me and how i feel, which is different from the life i have at home which includes my work, my boyfriend, my friends and my family and i always have to divide my time between all these different things which easily makes me forget to have time for myself and what i feel most of time. So as i look into finishing the next month i open myself to self realization and just treasuring each and every feeling i experience.

Okay enough on that, the past few weeks have been surrounded by alot of things happening around my work and personal life. Me an Nune hosted our first dinner at our place which was a huge success, i really had a great time with everyone that came. During the last weekend i joined the young scouts on a sort of treasure hunt around Oslo. The concept of the game was 'Try to save Norway from a terrorist attack''. I got to see parts of Oslo that i have not seen and it was interesting to see old Norway monuments that have been turned to something else now. I also went out for hot chocolate with my roommate on Sunday to a great coffee shop in Gronland, and we took a long walk back home. I am going to a South African act concert on Thursday, i am really looking forward to that and i think its going to be so great.

I will be going on a leadership seminar this coming weekend which i am really looking forward to. I also have alot of things in the pipeline that i am looking forward to, but i will speak about them as they happen. Norway is getting colder by the day and today i am going to buy myself winter boots, i really hope i make the right decision on the kind that i buy. Other breaking new, i have undone my braids so today is my first day at work with my afro, which i am not sure how i will maintain but i feel like i can now move forward and i have let go of every part of my beloved South Africa. Will post some pictures sometime tomorrow.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I really admire your immense positivity. You seem to be having a really good time :)

I'd love to see a picture of your afro!