Monday, September 15, 2008

My first week in the Scout office.



15/09/2008

Just came out of a quite weekend which i really think i needed because just being in a new place really does exhast you up as a person. I went up to mountains from the 08 September to the 10 September which proved to rather interesting. We stayed in a pretty upmarket cabin that had all the neccessaties one would need. This means that i still have not slept in a tent, not that i am looking forward to that. I just think i will freeze to death because Norway is starting to get really cold now its scary. I also went mountain climbing for the first time which was really an experience. I felt so good when i got to the top of the of the mountain, because i felt like i had accomplished something that words cannot explain.

It was really cold at the top of the mountain and could not even keep my eyes opened. My body was warm though from all the clothing i was wearing, which were all borrowed from different individuals from my office. I also got a crash course on clothing that can keep you warm, ''Wool is Gold''. I need to wear woll underneath my clothing and then i can layer that with a fleece or any other clothing but i have to wear a wind proof jacket at the end. I also need to wear wollen gloves, beanie (hat) and scarf if possible. With this advise i will never go wrong i hope. Please can everyone feel free to give me any clothing advise because i really need that.

I have been working on the re-marketing of the HIV/AIDS awareness badge and this has become very close to my heart. I will be going to Haugaland krets this weekend and i am really looking forward to that as i will get to meet other people that make up the scouts. I will also be doing a presentation on the HIV/AIDS Badge with some of the participants.

4 comments:

Birgitte said...

OH NELLY you just look too cute in that outfit!!!

and by the way....september is just the beginning. In december and january you are gonna freeze ur but off.

Advice on clothes...well buy urself a scarf, a hat, gloves and wool underwear, water- and windproof jacket, wool socks (without cotton socks under)...I have been skiing since I could walk so I know the story hehe

Anonymous said...

Wow, Nelly - this was really fun to read :) I'm so happy you have a blog too! You are soon becoming a "real Norwegian" now that you know how to dress in cold weather. And it's true what tehy are telling you, because there is no better thing than wool to keep you warm. Sounds like you are having a great time :) I'm glad!

mamma said...

Hi Nelly.
I liked to read your blog!Hope you will enjoy your stay.
If I can be of any use, just give me a call. 92841740
Marthas mum, with a hug.

By the way: We have great memories from Cape Town!

Sigrid said...

Hi Nelly!
Really enjoyed spending the weekend at Utsikten, and getting to know you a little. Hope you had a safe journey back "home".
I like reading your blog. You seem to have been really busy. Make sure you get enough rest.
Kind regards,